Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Overdue. 1.

Its pretty natural that I missed Pujo like a madperson this pujo. I can't call it October or confine it within a particular week because its not five days...its a millenia of moja with capital M. So when Bangali Classmate came up to me and informed me of pujo in Vellore I was more than thankful/shock-ed out of my socket/pleasantly stunned by this announcement as it came from a place I had come to expect notmuch from.
We escaped from under the Bitch's eye in Physics lab, rode in an autorickshaw which costed us 80 bucks(yes, mother, this is how I fruitfully spend my monthly allowance) and we reached a hall with an entirely too big name to remember. The myriad fruits being offered to the goddess made me realise thatI was majorly hungry on account of missing breakfast. This proved to be a blessing in disguise because apparently you can't give anjali with food in your belly. So Me got divided into Me and HungryMe.
Me: Ashtami te anjali! Hope my good run continues to the term ends.
HungryMe: The gendaphool looks tasty. Will anyone notice if I have it instead of doing anjali?
Me: Bangali classmate will notice you dolt! Plus this is supposed to be punnyo. Isn't the doing-well-in-the-term-ends of any importance to you at all? Concentrate. The mantra is starting. Close your eyes. Now!
HungryMe(with eyes closed): Hunan Chicken. Chilli pork. Haleem. Chilli Chicken. Gendaphool? Hmmm....
Me: Again??? Do you also see boro boro roshogollas??
HungryMe: Yuck! I hate roshogollas. I'm thinking more on the lines of amarti, jalebis...
Me: Well better start liking them. Because that is what you're going to be straddled with in Term-Ends!
(Pujo Ends)
Bangali Classmate: Lets go get something to eat. I'm starving.
HungryMe(to Me): Loser! I hate to tell you... but I told you so. *does nanananana*
Me(to Maa Durga): I prayed honestly. With an H. Can I please go eat now?

The pandal had the usual suspects. The Mamunis and Tukuns and overdressed women and gregarious men. But it was a whiff of Cal. Which sufficed for the time being. Atleast till the 24th anyway.

1 comment:

Citizen Erased said...

i have actually tasted gendaphool. this is not funny. no, don't laugh. DON'T LAUGH.